VOICE SEARCH, A GROWING TREND
The world is evolving faster and faster and we must move with it, especially if we belong to the world of digital advertising where technology is the protagonist and its advances are the protagonists.
This new year is more charged than ever, and if there’s one thing you should start implementing in your digital marketing strategies, it’s voice search, a 2021 trend that’s on the rise!
It’s no secret that the use of smartphones allows us to be more connected to each other, and also speeds up daily demands with much more efficiency and speed. For example: ordering food at home, looking for a movie, shopping and doing Google searches to find solutions.
A curious fact is that 50% of searches are voice-activated, 30% of online purchases and 17% of food delivery orders are made with this search mode. Did you know?
Fortunately, to solve these needs, there are now more smart speaker devices such as Alexa or Google Home. Now, before activating a voice search campaign, it is important to keep in mind that:
- Voice searches are much longer than keyboard searches.
- Generally, they are questions that are used in colloquial language.
- It is more common in searches for sites near a location.
- It is a cluster of users to take into account if you do not want to lose the sales opportunity.
TIPS TO KEEP IN MIND
- You should analyze the search terms in Google Ads and detect the volume of these searches by filtering by Ok Google or by the longest terms.
- Negative keywords must be checked.
- Once you have a list of suitable keywords, you start to create an adgroup.
Taking advantage of this incredible interaction generated with smartphones, you can promote audio ads from other platforms such as Spotify.
ADVANTAGES OF VOICE SEARCH CAMPAIGNS
- There is not much competition and you can only listen to one ad at a time.
- It works as an important complement to the digital strategy.
- It has high listen rate as those ads cannot be skipped.
- With voice search you can hyper-segment your target audience.
So, are you encouraged to be a part of the digital community and its wonderful advancements that allow digital advertising to grow in the world?
Source: HMG web portal, article by Carmen D’Onise.